[영어회화 필수패턴 #27] "can't keep up with ~": ~을 따라잡을 수 없다

- 구조
can't keep up with + 명사/동사원형: ~을 따라잡을 수 없다, ~을 감당할 수 없다

- 예시
I can't keep up with the workload at work. (회사에서 업무량을 따라잡을 수 없어요.)
She can't keep up with the latest fashion trends. (그녀는 최신 패션 트렌드를 따라갈 수 없어요.)
The children are growing up so fast. I can't keep up with them. (아이들이 너무 빨리 자라요. 그들을 따라갈 수가 없어요.)

- 핵심표현
can't: 할 수 없다, ~지 못하다
keep up with: 따라잡다, 감당하다
workload: 업무량
latest fashion trends: 최신 패션 트렌드
children: 아이들
growing up: 자라다
work: 일
fashion: 패션
them: 그들

- 주의점
**"can't keep up with ~"**는 무언가를 따라가거나 감당하는 데 어려움을 느낄 때 사용됩니다.
과도한 작업량, 빠르게 변화하는 상황, 체력 부족 등을 표현할 때 사용됩니다.

- 활용

ㅇ 과도한 업무량으로 인한 어려움을 표현할 때
I'm so busy with work these days. I can't keep up with everything. (요즘 너무 바빠서 모든 것을 처리할 수가 없어요.)
The new manager is assigning too much work to us. We can't keep up with it. (새로운 매니저가 우리에게 너무 많은 업무를 할당하고 있어요. 따라갈 수가 없어요.)
I need to take a break. I can't keep up with this pace. (잠시 쉬어야겠어요. 이 속도를 따라갈 수가 없어요.)

ㅇ 빠르게 변화하는 상황에 적응하지 못할 때
Technology is changing so fast. I can't keep up with it. (기술이 너무 빨리 변하고 있어요. 따라갈 수가 없어요.)
The fashion industry is always evolving. I can't keep up with the latest trends. (패션 산업은 항상 진화하고 있어요. 최신 트렌드를 따라갈 수가 없어요.)
Things are changing so quickly around here. I can't keep up. (요즘 이곳에서 모든 것이 너무 빨리 변하고 있어요. 따라갈 수가 없어요.)

ㅇ 체력 부족으로 인한 어려움을 표현할 때
I'm getting old. I can't keep up with the kids anymore. (나이가 들어서요. 아이들을 따라갈 수가 없어요.)
I'm not as fit as I used to be. I can't keep up with my friends on hikes. (예전만큼 몸이 좋지 않아요. 하이킹을 할 때 친구들을 따라갈 수가 없어요.)
I need to exercise more. I can't keep up with the demands of my job. (더 운동해야겠어요. 제 일의 요구 사항을 따라갈 수가 없어요.)